2-DAY WORKSHOP ON FPGA ARCHITECTURE & IMPLEMENTATIONWhy this workshop is conducted?
• FPGAs are getting predominant in semiconductor world day-by-day, due to their increased densities & frequencies, reduced cost, reduced power consumption.
• FPGAs are finding extensive applications in Video Processing, Networking, Medical Imaging, Consumer Electronics, Defense, Aerospace, Satellites, Cell Phones, and many more. Further growing technological requirements have created an unprecedented demand for FPGAs in VLSI and Embedded technologies space. That fuelled huge demand for the FPGA professionals.
• This workshop is an initiative to create such FPGA Professionals to fill this huge demand.What to expect from this workshop?
• Interesting insights into the world of FPGAs
• Firm understanding of the FPGA architectures
• Synthesis, Implementation and Configuration flow using latest Xilinx ISE 13.1 tool suite
• Hands-on working experience on Xilinx Spartan3E FPGA BoardWho should attend this workshop?
• HDL knowledge (VHDL or Verilog)
• Digital design experienceWhat to be covered per day?
•DAY1 – SCHEDULE
• INTRODUCTION TO PLDs
• PLDs Versus ASIC Devices
• Evolution of PLDs
SPLD – PLAs, PALs
• UNDERSTANDING XILING FPGA ARCHITECTURES
o Types in FPGAs
o Distributed RAMs
o Block RAMs
o Clocking resources
• OVERVIEW OF LATEST XILINX ARCHITECTURES
o Spartan3E Architecture
o Virtex4 Architecture
• OVERVIEW OF XILINX EDA FLOW
o Pin assignments and Timing constraints
o Timing Analysis
o Bitfile generation
o FPGA Configuration• DAY2 – SCHEDULE
• UNDERSTANDING XILINX ISE13.1i
o Overview of tool suite
o Understanding tool options
o Understanding reports
• HANDS-ON SESSIONS ON XILINX ISE13.1i
o Creating a project
o Applying pin & timing constraints
o Implementation & Bit Generation
o Reading reports
o Viewing floorplan& FPGA Editor• HANDS-ON SESSIONS ON SPARTAN3E BOARD
o Configuring FPGA using Impact
o Debugging & Viewing results on Board